Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

A truly silly question. What is the link for eScribe 1.2? I downloaded the current eScribe software off the products page, but it's 1.0.42, the same as I currently have installed. Search on the site has not revealed the existence for me. 

HolmanGT said:

YES - but at the moment there is a debate over where the problem lies, in the VS or the Update.

Scroll back a few post and one the the Evolv folks talk about the fact that not all VS units display the problem.

I know, I'm one of the first to report this BUG. Since the VaporShark has not changed, I think we can assume it's the new SOFTWARE.

HolmanGT said:

I agree, if I owned a VS I wouldn't be too quick to jump on this update.

As for my DNA-200(s) and DNA-75 everything seem ok.

I do appreciate James posting 'Early" updates and he does always post 'Recommended' and 'Early' for the daring at heart.

Yep..... and August 8, 2016 is Monday (FDA Regs....yuck)

retird said:

Assuming is kinda like guessing..... James and crew will find what it is....

I too thought about playing with the word assume but I figured someone with a, now broken, VS might not find it too humorous. ;)

It may be that the update is more correct software than earlier versions and only reveals a problem that has been in the VS unit since the get-go.

But now that Evolv has found a VS in their possession that manifests the problem I am sure they will come up with a solution rather rapidly.

Two Cents !

mactavish said:

I'm sure they will. But I'm not assuming. I've done the tests. Have you? Is the SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE, and I'll put money on it!

I understand that a couple of VS's Evolv has do not display this bug and they found another VS that did display the issue.  It may very well be firmware or it could be something else also I think.  No I've not tested a VS nor have I looked at the code of the firmware and compared it to the older firmware. I'm also not sure if any hardware changes of the board have been made over the life of the VS200.  

One thing for certain is that whatever it is it needs attention...

The FDA is making everything a tobacco product, that's how you create a TOTAL BAN! I'm sure the black market will be celebrating 8-8-16, as well as BIG TOBACCO. CIGALIKES and cigarettes of course will still be for sale on every street corner. Remember, we must protect the "kids"........

mactavish said:

The FDA is making everything a tobacco product, that's how you create a TOTAL BAN! I'm sure the black market will be celebrating 8-8-16, as well as BIG TOBACCO. CIGALIKES and cigarettes of course will still be for sale on every street corner. Remember, we must protect the "kids"........

Amen.... as I said earlier....FDA...yuck....

But my main reason for this post is I saw this post on ECf and felt it needed to at least be seen here:

Funny thing is I was able to roll back to 2016.2.23 firmware and the 2 amp charging came back.

1. I rolled back with escribe version 1.2 (I wanted to keep this version because I have other DNA devices)
  2. After I rolled back, my VS was dead with "upload settings" on the screen (I think there was an incompatibility problem with the Watts mode as one of my materials on the device)
  3. Next I Restored Defaults from the general tab
  4. Reloaded my saved .ecig file and took the watts mode off of my device, then uploaded to my VS

[QUOTE=retird]

Amen.... as I said earlier....FDA...yuck....

But my main reason for this post is I saw this post on ECf and felt it needed to at least be seen here:

Funny thing is I was able to roll back to 2016.2.23 firmware and the 2 amp charging came back.

1. I rolled back with escribe version 1.2 (I wanted to keep this version because I have other DNA devices)
  2. After I rolled back, my VS was dead with "upload settings" on the screen (I think there was an incompatibility problem with the Watts mode as one of my materials on the device)
  3. Next I Restored Defaults from the general tab
  4. Reloaded my saved .ecig file and took the watts mode off of my device, then uploaded to my VS

[/QUOTE]

I replied over on ECF:
[quote]I played with my VS a bit more and I got 2a charging back. I used Spiro's method but it didn't work exactly so I poked around and changed some other settings and it worked. I'm not really sure what I did that helped but removing "Watts" and "Restore Defaults" were key.

So it seems like it's just a software glitch and it doesn't harm the hardware (at least on mine).

*edit*
I'm using Escribe v1.2 because I also have many other DNA75/200 mods.[/quote]

I'll wait for an official Evolv response to this issue. I don't have the time to write the many reasons I will not be rolling back software and firmware. A new version will have to be released as most new owners or updaters will have no clue to the problem or even read these forums.

The way I see it there are only a few reasons that would make it "necessary" to upgrade to this latest software/firmware, you have a DNA250 or DNA60, SS3XX is your go to wire.
I upgraded all of mine regardless, my go to wire is SS430 Ni free, it worked good with the recommended firmware. Just saying.