Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

BrittleBones said:

So when i download the latest software and firmware versions off page 1  labeled testing I get the escribe version 1.0.42, but the most resent firmware i get is 2016-02-23 not the 2016-02-29 like the post listed. am I doing something wrong or is this happening to everyone?

Yes same with me..:D
Just newbies here, if i updated the escribe version, it will prompt to updated the firmware also right? so the firmware files is included in the software?

ScottMM said:

Thanks for your help.

The issue was definitely me. Last time I re-wicked, i pulled two of the coils just close enough to short under load. I also found the coil screws on my RTA don't really like to bite the larger gauge wires without a little discussion.

The settings are back to where they had been, and running pretty accurately at 420 F.

The build is 5 wraps of 26 AWG Geek Vapes SS 316L around a 7/64 mandrel. Ohms locked at .32, 28.5 Watts, 435F temp cut off, .97 seconds on preheat, and 60 Watts for preheat. It runs about 410 F during the vape. Almost immediate ramp.

I've tried the temp dominant. I really prefer it running while power limited by the Watts setting. It may be because of the stainless build, but it is a little erratic while using the temp control as the limit. I'll compare it to titanium in a few days. I like this mod, and am a big fan of the DNA 200. 

When you say eratic, do you mean, real time vaping while looking at the device monitor, this is one of the issues i had, allways trying to go over temp, hiting the limit, i think you'd probly have to try different guage wire, wraps mandrel sizes power, files, ect to get it to calm down, ,, for me it was a deciding factor to say sod this and throw it in a draw,,, im happy to spend two days building a mod from scratch get swarf in my eye burn and cut my fingers,,, at the end of the day i whant somthing to vape on, i dont like stsinless it dont like me.. ni200 is a doddle to work with, if i need extra resistance for twin coiling Nife 30 is easy and as reliable as kanthal.

surgum said:

Hi all, i have problem after updating escribe n firmware to the lastest... My PC won't detect it...it saya usb not recognized I use microsoft windows 7 Anyone have same problem?? How to solve it??

I am too running the latest (1.0.42) and with Windows 7 (I don't do Windows updates unless it is for something I am having a problem with) and I haven't had a single problem. Did you try another USB cable? Careful, some USB cables don't have the data lines connected and only work for charging only.

BillW50 said:

I am too running the latest (1.0.42) and with Windows 7 (I don't do Windows updates unless it is for something I am having a problem with) and I haven't had a single problem. Did you try another USB cable? Careful, some USB cables don't have the data lines connected and only work for charging only.

I use same cable...but not working...

surgum said:

Hi all, i have problem after updating escribe n firmware to the lastest... My PC won't detect it...it saya usb not recognized I use microsoft windows 7 Anyone have same problem?? How to solve it??

I had this happen to me once and I fixed it by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

• 2 weeks later...
VapingBad said:

Please don't post links to the version that shouldn't have been released, I'm sure that Evolv will post updated fw once it's pasted beta testing, that one was still beta.

Maybe it's marketing tricks. You are not working in EVOLV.
Who knows?

"YiHiecigar" when updating blogs to make, the next day said that it is wrong and put the next update, fihed.

I do not remember, but when the update I can buy, I do not remember, it took 15 minutes.

the first dna board i had, i was so happy with it, i was worried about connecting it to escribe, and updating, just incase somthing went wrong, so i used it absolutley fine for over a fortnight until id finnished my second build. what im getting at is, if anyone thinks theyr going into somthing that is still waiting to be switched on theyr very much mistaken.. some updates are so small and are nothing to do with the operating system anyway, moor language additions and userbility, like ability of moving little icons round... nothing to do with the hardcore cloud blowing abilities allready done for ya....

GorgeousDan said:

So I just got my efusion duo, first dna200 mod. Bout to update escribe to the latest version 1.0.42 because it's an auto-update. I'm not going to destroy my mod once I plug it in and auto-upgrade its firmware right?

No, You should be fine.

GorgeousDan said:

So when I connect my DNA 200 to eScribe, I don't get anything saying that there is a new firmware available. Does this mean mine came with the newest firmware?

It means it came with the latest FW known by the version of Escribe you are using. If you have the latest Escribe, then you also have the latest FW if it isnt prompting you.