Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

I have and each time was new numbers. I ran it 5 times total. Then I called Evolv. I just tweaked a varible and now room temp modeled temp and board temp are good vs myIR temp gun and resistance is now .157 and falling. Also apparently when I went to the test firmware none of my manufacturer settings transferred to the mod. I re-entered them and it seems good.

case thermals will vary, as i'm sure you already know, from mod to mod AND environment to environment. depending what your actual room temp is will come into effect. if there is a breeze hitting it. if your mod is laying down or standing upright (venting holes being blocked or not). 

my ni200 crown coils always read around .17 - .176 ohms on any of my 200's.

i have noticed my old dna 40 small screen, the version before 'atty lock', sometimes likes to refine up an ohm.

my two pennys.....

Works just great with Win-10 here...no lost data.... maybe you are missing something during the update process...when the test update was just out I installed/uninstalled/installed EScribe and the firmware update three separate times on two separate DNA200's without a hitch.  

Hello,

I'm Manfred from Austria, this is my first post (please excuse my English, it's not my mother tongue and may sound funny sometimes ;-) ).

Initial situation: 2x Wismec Reuleaux DNA200, Parallels 11 and Windows 7 on a MacBook Pro 2011, running OSX Yosemite 10.10.5.
Escribe 1.0.35.2 works without problems. As soon as I install 1.0.38, 1.0.39 or 1.0.41 (regardless if fresh install or over a previous version), the curves under the "Materials"-Tab look like this:

Bildschirmfoto_2016-02-27_um_12.55.46.jpg  Bildschirmfoto_2016-02-27_um_12.56.04.jpg 

Furthermore, after connecting a divice and downloading its settings, I can upload changed settings to the mod without any problems but every time I try to "Restore Defaults" on the "General"-Tab in 1.0.38, 1.0.39 or 1.0.41, I get:

Bildschirmfoto_2016-02-26_um_20.34.05.jpg 

I would appreciate any help!

Greetings
Manfred

Bildschirmfoto_2016-02-27_um_12.56.04.jpg

Hello Wayneo and retird, thank you for your quick replies!

The screenshot that shows the invalid curve was taken right after installing 1.0.38, 1.0.39 or 1.0.41, even before a mod was connected. Of course, I removed all curves (each of them in the "Materials on Device"-section was damaged) and replaced them with correct curves. I also connected a mod and downloaded the settings from it. Both worked fine and the curves looked ok. But as soon as I try to "Restore Defaults" I get the error message shown on my last screenshot and the curves appear damaged again.
So there are two reasons causing these invalid curves: First the install of 1.0.38, 1.0.39 or 1.0.41, second the attempt to "Restore Defaults".

This is just a guess on my part. Manfred (kickman) said he is from Austria. Could it be a problem in the language of the PC not being English? I'm not sure if I'm saying this correct but I seem to remember someone having to switch the language to English for a problem they were having. Just a guess and I could be out in left field on this guess. I'm in the USA and haven't had any issues updating (but I'm also on a PC using Windows 10)

Cheers,
Steve

Hello and thanks for your thoughts!

@retird: I have tried this firmware, without success.

@Wingsfan0310: I have seen this topic recently but as far as I can remember, switching the language was no solution.

Here is a small screencast that shows the installation of version 1.0.41 on a clean Windows 7-System, which has never seen Escribe before. You can see the broken curves right after installation - even before any device has been connected. So i do not think that this is a matter of firmware:

https://youtu.be/bIZxayyXdSg

Greetings
Manffred

James said:

Howdy Manfred. Try this version. It works for me: https://www.dimensionengineering.com/software/SetupES_2016-02-27.exe

Hi James,

Is this something all us early adopters should try or just people that had that specific problem? I'm only asking because I noticed the first post isn't updated with this version yet.

Thanks,
Steve

James said:

Howdy Manfred. Try this version. It works for me: https://www.dimensionengineering.com/software/SetupES_2016-02-27.exe

Hi James,

thanks a lot for your efforts! I played a bit around and there are good news and twoo new bugs. ;-)

1. The curves after installing Escribe are now correct.
2. "Restore Defaults" works flawlessly.

But:
The first bug is, that each of previously deleted "Available Materials" will reappear on the next start of Escribe.
After deleting:
Bildschirmfoto_2016-02-28_um_00.31.38.jpg 
After restarting Escribe:
Bildschirmfoto_2016-02-28_um_00.31.14.jpg 

The second bug is, that adding new materials will fail. Klicking on the "Open Material"-button causes this error:
Bildschirmfoto_2016-02-28_um_00.31.59.jpg 

I am sorry that the message is in German but maybe you know nonetheless what this error stands for: txt Error.txt     

Greetings
Manfred

Manfred: Try the download again. I've updated it and it will fix the "Open Material" bug. As for those curves, EScribe automatically adds the built-in curves (Ni 200, SS 316, and Titanium 1) on startup.

Wingsfan: It's just a bug fix (and it's a weekend :)). Up to you. I'll put it on the first post when I'm more sure it's correct and complete. 2016-02-12 was the big update and these are all minor corrections, in this case affecting those for whom the decimal separator is a comma. :)