Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

retird said:

Yes the auto update works but only when Evolv places an update release as such.  I guess what you are getting at is that Evolv hasn't formally released the recommended or the test update to the auto update process yet.

it works great I installed first on a new board created a problem my self by not being patient as it up loaded new drivers. that took me a couple hours to work out .then installed on my friends when he stopped by to get some new cotton yesterday just let it do its deal I like the way I can name the mod now .lot easier to change settings. Now if James would add a chime to go off and message at set time to remind me to plug the DNA in to the charger at night

Does anybody know what the Screen message "OFF" means?

I'm running a hybrid coil of single 0.4mm SUS304 core claptoned with Ni80 38awg on an aromamizer dual coil.
Mod settings on a VT200 are Temperature dominant with sus304 tcr profile

When I fire my coils the main digits (usually showing current temp with the new firmware) shows "OFF"

ahpaa said:

Does anybody know what the Screen message "OFF" means?

I'm running a hybrid coil of single 0.4mm SUS304 core claptoned with Ni80 38awg on an aromamizer dual coil.
Mod settings on a VT200 are Temperature dominant with sus304 tcr profile

When I fire my coils the main digits (usually showing current temp with the new firmware) shows "OFF"

Temp limiting is turned off, this is done on the mod by adjusting the temp past 600 F.

ahpaa said:

Hi Vapingbad,

Ahh ok ok. which means my coil is kicking the temp control out? I've set the temp to 210 Deg C or about 430F or so.

I think that your coils are heating up too slow. I think the initial raise in temperature should be more than 150 degree F in the first second. If this is not seen bij the DNA it will change over to powermode.
You could try to increase the preheat/punch to see if this improves the situation. If not, post your profile settings and people might have other suggestions.

Bobby said:

[QUOTE=ahpaa]Hi Vapingbad,

Ahh ok ok. which means my coil is kicking the temp control out? I've set the temp to 210 Deg C or about 430F or so.

I think that your coils are heating up too slow. I think the initial raise in temperature should be more than 150 degree F in the first second. If this is not seen bij the DNA it will change over to powermode.
You could try to increase the preheat/punch to see if this improves the situation. If not, post your profile settings and people might have other suggestions.[/QUOTE]

Hi Bobby,

Thing is that it was almost instantly when i hit the fire button, it came up with "OFF" on the screen.
Cleaned up the coil by dry firing, new wick and its working again. Same settings. Will take note and bump up the preheat.

My original preheat was 80W @ 6 hardness for 3 secs.
My dual coils come up to 0.27ohms and i'm firing at 50w normal.

It was probably the coil, not the preheat if you had it at 80 watts. I'm using SS430 with the preheat off and I never get kicked out of TC. A loose post screw would probably do it too. I change my coils approximately once a week (I have 200 feet of SS430, figured I might as well use it lol)

Edit  SS is/can be finicky because for the most part it's TCR is on the edge of what mods can deal with. That's why I'm using 430 because of it's relatively high TCR (.00138) for SS.

Bobby said:

Aphaa was using a dual clapton coil (more mass = slow heat up), that's why I suspected the slow ramp up but seeing how he corrected the problem, you are probably right and it was a poor post connection.

I wasn't trying to be argumentative Bobby. I did however miss the dual Claptons part. I had seen him post he changed coils and got it working so I figured it was either a bad coil or connection. I'm using simple dual 7 wrap 2mm (it's a touch springy so I think they may be closer to 2.5mm) coils with 28ga SS430 so I don't think for me ramp up will ever be a problem lol xD.

Cheers,
Steve

Wayneo said:

@wingsfan you said "430 because of it's relatively high TCR (.00138) for SS". So as an example from Steam engine, just using the TCR for 304SS, I should enter .00102? in the materials tab

Thanks in advance

You can also download the TFR table from Steam Engine as a CSV file to your PC located here. Click on the drop-down box and select the material you are interested in. Then click on the DNA200 tab and finally the download TFR table as CSV tab (pay attention to where you are saving it to on your PC).

Then go to your material tab and click on the + button to add a new material. Then you would click on the un-named material you just added, then click the next button to the right of the + tab which is the open material button. Then navigate to where it (the CSV file) was saved on your PC and click on the CSV file and open. That's the way to add a curve instead of a single TCR number. Hope that wasn't confusing. That's the way I do it. It names it for you from the CSV file.

Cheers,
Steve

There is probably an easier way to do it but that's the way I always downloaded my CSV files before the update so it's what I'm use to. If anyone knows an easier way, I'm sure they will let you know.

I believe from Daniel's (DJLSBVapes) testing with his thermocouple found that just going by the TCR value, the actual temperature was closer than using the fancy curve generated. That's why I want to use his method.

Can anyone comment if the setting of .00102 (for 304SS from steam engine) is the proper format?

Wayneo said:

I believe from Daniel's (DJLSBVapes) testing with his thermocouple found that just going by the TCR value, the actual temperature was closer than using the fancy curve generated. That's why I want to use his method.

Can anyone comment if the setting of .00102 (for 304SS from steam engine) is the proper format?

Sorry about that. I figured the curve would be more accurate than 1 set number. Here's a TCR chart listing most wire types we would use. I've tried 430 both ways and didn't really notice a difference, but I usually set my temperature to 420F.

[qDpbMVR]

I recently sent my VS DNA200 to have the board replaced and when i got it back the firmware was totally different. Before i had 8 profile settings and now it has a KANTHAL, Ni200, TITANIUM, SS316 with a sweet spot setting as well. I also have  Wismec REULEAUX that still has the old version with the 8 different profiles. When i connect my Wismec to escribe i can change evrything like normal but i tried to connect the new chip escribe says it doesnt detect device. What am i doing wrong? I tried downloading new firmware and nothing fixes me being able to connect my Vapor Shark DNA200 to escribe. Please Help.

It should have 8 profile settings. All of the firmware's I have tried have 8 including the newest beta 2016-02-12. Where did you send it for board replacement? Are you positive it has a DNA200 board in it? Have you tried more than 1 USB cable? Lastly, have you contacted the place you sent it to for the board replacement with your issue? I know it's a lot of questions, but what your describing I've never heard before. More details might better help someone figure out what's happening.

Cheers,
Steve

dwcraig1 said:

When I installed the "test" EScribe Windows had to locate another (extra) driver.

When I installed the newest Escibe/firmware on Windows 10 I got a warning about invalid or corrupt signature iirc but at the same time Norton scanned it saying it was fine. I just clicked on install anyway and it went smoothly. I didn't need to install new drivers or anything. What version of Windows are you running?

Cheers,
Steve