New guy needs help with temp control on a Triade DNA 250

I have a new Lost Vape Triad with the DNA 250 chip. I have installed some premade Clapton coils from Advanced vape supply they are 316L SS on the Steam carve Aromizer plus RTA. I have set my device to the SS 316 profile and set my wattage to 55 and temp to 350 F. I fire my mod and the temp display switches to display “OFF”. Does this mean that my mod is broken? Please help I am trying to get off the cigarettes. 

Not broken at all...very common with SS316L...can you post a screen shot of your profile settings...'Mod' tab & maybe a screen shot of the Device Monitor while firing the device. SS is kinda tricky & your mod & profile settings need to be right! 

giz_60 here is a shot of my SS 316 profile, I would be happy to take a shot of the device monitor screen but what are some of the boxes that I need to check? 

Wayneo I did make sure that my connections are tight 

retird I wasn't aware that the coils need to be spaced... I removed the cotton and spaced the coils and it fired in temp control, I rewicked and juiced and spaced them again and again it is the same issue where it displays OFF. 

I am stumped

EDITED now as I try to fire this device I get the temp protected screen...

SS 316 1.png

Ok first let me thank you for your help for your help giz_60. I changed my settings in escribe to reflect your suggestions, It seemed to have worked! I have attached images of both the new settings and the device manager. My question now is where the heck did I go wrong???

Device manager 2.png

SS 316 2.png

Awesome...:thumb:...that looks really good...I believe you had the power in your profile set to low, which was not allowing the board to raise the temp of the wire fast enough, so the board thinks it is non-temp wire & switches to power mode. On my Triade, I have the power set at 250...preheat at 250...punch at 11 for 3 secs...bring the coil up to temp fast & let the board do it's job...in the 'Mod' tab, you set your kanthal power limit lower in case it does shift to power mode, then it won't cook yer lips.. The beauty of these devices is, you can play & adjust to find what works best for you.

Capture22.png 

SinCo_Sam said:

giz_60 IS it safe to set the power and preheat so high?

I have been running my Triade set up that way since day one! You can play with those settings & find what works best for you. I prefer to bring the coil temp up fast & then let the board do it's thing...

SinCo_Sam said:

Where is the MOD tab?

Go to 'Options>Interface' and select 'Manufacture'

Also, should he not install the SS316L material? I also have the Triade250 and it only came with the SS316 material, not the SS316L.

I was playing around with the 2 materials on different profiles using SS316L coils. the non "L" seem to run 20-40C hotter than what the screen read.

coming from the DNA75 and only using SS316L coils, the 250 is epicly accurate and awesome to vape on, provided the correct material is used.

Madkat said:

Also, should he not install the SS316L material? I also have the Triade250 and it only came with the SS316 material, not the SS316L.

I was playing around with the 2 materials on different profiles using SS316L coils. the non "L" seem to run 20-40C hotter than what the screen read.

coming from the DNA75 and only using SS316L coils, the 250 is epicly accurate and awesome to vape on, provided the correct material is used.

A lot depends on the quality of wire as well..I have had some that worked better on the 316 curve..some on the 316L curve & some that even worked better on the 304 curve. The beauty of the DNA devices is the ability to fine tune it to ones preferences!!!

giz_60 said:

A lot depends on the quality of wire as well..I have had some that worked better on the 316 curve..some on the 316L curve & some that even worked better on the 304 curve. The beauty of the DNA devices is the ability to fine tune it to ones preferences!!!

Fair enough, I've only been using GeekVape & VaporTech coils, I'm assuming they are half decent quality. Personally I found the 316L profile more accurate :)

Madkat said:

I agree people should do what works for them, but honestly the difference between 316 and 316L profiles is too small for a human (well almost all, maybe some people are ultra ultra calibrated like people that can tune pianos by ear) to be able to tell the difference.  What ever works and keeps you off the smokes. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...