Discharge profiles for WisMec ReuLeaux

styks

BryanC84 said:

Imren 3500Mah 30A 18650. Anyone have a csv file for these batteries, and or know if they are safe to use with this device?

Hate to tell ya buddy, real or what ever you call them, they're 10 amp batteries, toss em

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/the-green-30a-3500mah-imren-is-a-10a-battery.723720/

Hello. My most recent purchase is my fourth DNA200-the Wismec. 

I want to run battery analyser, I will have to use the rabbit ear wiring method. 

Would 22 gauge kanthal be OK for this-and does resistance matter? 

Also, I was worried about running this as I understand it is a constant firing from full untill empty-I am using LG HE4's (A brand new set), and would like to get the battery meter as dead on as possible. 

It came set up with a battery profile for a 21.44W'h battery set up, but I have changed the watt hours to 28.5 to make the meter more accurate. 

Before this-I was using a 1 month old set of HE4's that was married, and a third single battery was added in. This was only to get the device to work, but these one month old batteries stayed in balance throughout their whole discharge, as I connected to escribe frequently to check. 

The new ones are 0.01V off, should this settle as the batteries get used in the device? They are brand new, and I was thinking after a few cycles, they will hopefully be perfectly balanced like the older HE4's. 

I am slightly brain damaged, and it has affected my thoughts, and I tend to worry, a lot. 

I am scared to run battery anylyzer as I do not know how many amps it pulls from my batteries, or what it fires at, or even how long the test will take-or do I choose that myself?

But, if I take 4 loops, say each a length of 20CM 22Gauge Kanthal, and fit them to an RDA-can I run the test safely? 

As then I guess this creates a discharge profile for my exact batteries? 

Thank you all for your help, Conan.

Thank you to NOMAD2000 for his discharge profile he shared for 3 new LG HE4's. I have loaded that into escribe, and changed my W/h's to 25. 

This should be close enough for me-the 3 batteries are now all in balance at 3.76V as I suspected they would, being new batteries I suspected they would balance out after a few cycles-this is halfway through the first discharge and they are already back in balance-plus the way only 0.01V out on 1 cell.

I am not a high wattage user, I generally vape at 45W and under(Usually around 30W), with the occasional blast at 60-80W for fun on a different build, but 90% of the time I am using under 45 watts. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's up folks! I am fairly new to this Dna 200 world. I have the Reuleaux, and I have three sets of batteries. I just became a father to a little baby girl, and do not have time to run a battery analyzer between her and work. I have two sets of Samsung 25r5 18650 and one set of Lg (Browns) I believe they're lg hg2? Right now I am using some csv files I found on here, but they don't seem very accurate and or potentially un safe? Can anyone at all please help me and possibly run an accurate battery test for me and create a csv file and or txt file that I can simply upload to my device? Im also unsure about the wh as well? I know how to figure it out... but given that it may differ please let me know if possible what you would recommend for wh as well. Lastly I would prefer a soft battery cutoff of around 2.8volts? I pretty much have both hands tied here, so if anyone would be willing to help me out here I would be beyond thankful! Thanks everyone for reading, and I hope to have this sorted out soon(:

I think I would prefer to use the Samsung sets that I have and use the lg in my other device. so all I need is possibly an accurate Samsung csv file?

• 2 weeks later...

Dudes, got 3 vtc 4 (2100mah 30a) and 3 LG HE2 (2500mah 35A). 6 batteries overall.. different stats, different brands. I want to use them all, but one thing : I do not have access to escribe on the go so it's a bit problem cause changing these bats means that LG pack has 27Wh discharge and Sony vtc 22Wh So as I said, what parameter I should type for both of these batts, 27Wh for both or 22Wh? Will it actually destroy the DNA chip or batts if I leave only one discharge rate for different batts?

• 2 weeks later...

What i usually do is make sure each of my batteries is at 4.2Volts and then i connect to escribe using HG2 Browns or VTC5s and input 2500mah upload settings check my battery % on the device and it was 96% so i reconnect and go down 50mah to 2450 re-upload and then my meter goes to 100% thats when i know my mah settings are just about correct because i checked batteries with an external meter knowing that theyre 100% charged i set the DNA display 100% i know the discharge curves wont be the most accurate but at least i know i start at a 100% on my meter and run from there by the time i get to 8-9% charge level remaining i re measure my batteries and theyre usually around 3.3-3.4Volts none of that analizer crap heating up and cooling off all night i dont think thats safe .

dwcraig1 said:

I'd pick the one for HE2's as they will be in there slightly longer, as far as I know only the battery gauge will be off a bit on the other set.
Edit: you will probably get less than what you calculate on the mah of either set 

You guys have the HE2s and HE4s confused with the brown HG2s ...the HE2s and HE4s are the 20A 2500mah batteries not the 3000mah batteries. and the browns are HG2s 3000mah 20A.

valdzyuba said:

You guys have the HE2s and HE4s confused with the brown HG2s ...the HE2s and HE4s are the 20A 2500mah batteries not the 3000mah batteries. and the browns are HG2s 3000mah 20A.

The poster was comparing Sony VTC4's with LG HE2's, 2100 Mah vs 2500 Mah. Question was "which battery curve to use".

dwcraig1 said:

The poster was comparing Sony VTC4's with LG HE2's, 2100 Mah vs 2500 Mah. Question was "which battery curve to use".

Oh okay thanks , sorry i have a hugely nagging question ive been pondering ....why do we have 24amp pulse and continous for the max amps cutoff in escribe and it wont change no matter what you put in when the dna200 board is a 3 cell 50-55A pulse/continous board? what gives.????

The specs call for a min 23 amp battery (lipo) 11.1 v @ 23 amp. With some 18650's you only get 11.1 v @ 20 amp (for example) so you can set it to not draw more than the cells can safely output.
The board steps the voltage down while stepping the amperage up, 23 amps in can get 55 amps out but at a lower voltage.
Edit: I would think if it were to be set lower than 23 amps that the 50 - 55 amp output would decrease some as well.

dwcraig1 said:

The specs call for a min 23 amp battery (lipo) 11.1 v @ 23 amp. With some 18650's you only get 11.1 v @ 20 amp (for example) so you can set it to not draw more than the cells can safely output.
The board steps the voltage down while stepping the amperage up, 23 amps in can get 55 amps out but at a lower voltage.
Edit: I would think if it were to be set lower than 23 amps that the 50 - 55 amp output would decrease some as well.

ok that still dowsnt make sense ...so u mean that 25A limit is the Amo output limit per battery? because were not using single batteries why worry about each individual cell when u can get 50+A using the 3 cell setuo easily makes sense what u answrred but not as far as the 3 cell pack.

dwcraig1 said:

still majes no sense what if im using LG HB6s ? which are 30A but escribe is locked at 24A max ...

dwcraig1 said:

excuse my spelling im on a mobile device on the move now.

Because the cells are in series it is the continuous current of each cell that is important you cannot add the current capabilities it is the voltage that is summed in series.  Forget going by pulse current rating unless the manufactures pulse spec is for more than 20 seconds and even then I would never advise going by the pulse rating. 

VapingBad said:

Because the cells are in series it is the continuous current of each cell that is important you cannot add the current capabilities it is the voltage that is summed in series.  Forget going by pulse current rating unless the manufactures pulse spec is for more than 20 seconds and even then I would never advise going by the pulse rating. 

i understand that but LG HB6s arent pulse specs 30A theyre actual 30A batteries and pulse 35A or so battery mooch tested them to be real 30A batteries

VapingBad said:

i understand that that series setups will handle more amperes per battery i just think that 24A setting is useless in escribe was only wondering why its maxed at 24A gives users the wrong impression of the board being a crappy 24A not what actual specs are.thanks for the replies guys.