Discharge profiles for WisMec ReuLeaux

styks

Here's Samsung's own Capacity tests, 0.5A (3S ~28.4 Wh) vs 10A (3S ~26.2 Wh).

Never mind that Samsung allowed the batteries to drain to 2.5V cutoff vs Evlov's 3.0V, nor the cutoff the Evlov's Analyzer imposes as it detects an unstable power delivery.

So you think a cutoff of 3.0V~3.1V vs 2.5V and high or low Load has absolutely no effect on the total battery capacity!? 

Samsung-Wh-vs-Amp.jpg 

rask116@hotmail.com<rask1 said:

Jaquith , You are nuts. I offered you the simple math. End of story. The math proves what I stated. I don't give one iota what you used.

You went totally off the deep end. Not surprised after reading more of your lunacy rants. .

When I came here I just wanted to get an idea of what to  use until I could run a test. 9.6 volts turned out to be just that thing that would be safe and allow me to vape my new mod until I could run the test. And our tests prove that to be correct. It's what my numbers, your numbers and 6 other pages of numbers comes out to. What you use, be it something for a tc or not! is irrelevant. The board will adjust what it needs for whatever you put on it. This chip isn't a d a m n flashlight with a simple bulb in it. Stop with that lame analogy dude. This is a complex computer board in our devises . It's programed to do a certain bunch of things utilizing it's power source.
Now!
My batteries , won't generally be the same as yours, even if we got the same ones, the same day, from the manufacturers factory itself. HOWEVER! once the battery Analyzer is run, we still won't be far apart despite what way we may have  used to run the test and it can clearly be seen  in each of our vtc5 graphs. . The point of the battery analyzer in the escribe software, is to tell the chip the best possible mAh your batteries have and when to shut things down This is done via  the chipset  using the algorithms that were programed into it  by the designer/maker/ manufacturer. What you use to run the test is completely irrelevant. If you use a .4 ohm setup running it at 100w or run it at 1.5 ohms at 15w or what ever! your numbers will be close, within a few hundredths. Only difference is that with the .4 ohm at 100w you better have a way to keep things cooled down. With the 1.5 at 15 w it's going to take long tiem for the test to run. That's all there is to it! But your particular chip is going to do what it does.

DO it man! Sit there for a day and run various tests using different settings (ohm and watt) but with  the same set of batteries and you too will learn that your batteries are only going to give what they have and each reading will be different but not so far apart from one another to mean anything substantial for the need of the DNA chip.. We run the test, so the chip can best utilize what power your batteries will give to the chip.

But we can't get a new dna 200 that uses 18650 batteries and use 11.1v in the escribe software to find out what our 3000, 2900,2600, 2500, mAh batteries equates to in wh for the chip . We can and should use 9.6 volts for that, when a person first gets their mod, so they can at least vape on it without blowing up the dna 200 chip before they can run a test.

No wonder you're frustrated. You've not grasped even the most simplistic concept of how things work with this software or the chip itself. Yet you come in here to this thread with your disillusioned idea that you know more than any one else. Here's a reality check for you! Your words have proven that that you don't know much of anything. It's why you're frustrated here. You want to be right, but so many of us in this thread have proven you wrong at every turn. Now go play with your dna 200 and get out of here.

Jaquith said:

[QUOTE=bo0st]Anyone have a battery profile for green 25r's?

Well I ran a Profile for the (aka my old) Samsung 25R's and the following Battery Profile is from a set + 1, same batch, batteries; the set have been paired for several; months in a Sigeli 150W Mod and the +1 from an old IPV 4 Mod. Ideally I'd much, much, prefer to use a brand new set of 25R's or any batteries. When I came home the test had completed, but I noted 3.30V, 3.35V, and a 3.41V .. that's not a 'good' example however the 3.07V test cutoff is good.

Under a 'Rated' 10A load 8.74 Wh*3 = 26.22 Wh vs 'Observed' 22.86 Wh or 3.36 Wh which is good but a new set probably would have been a tad better.

Battery Profile Samsung 25R http://www.filedropper.com/samsung25rprofile

Here's an overlay comparing the 3 batteries (pretty close over all):

HG2-VTC5-25R.jpg 
Side-by-Side Wh, Cutoff, Profile:

Reuleaux-HG2-VTC5-25R.jpg 
[/QUOTE]

thanks Jaquith !  

I set mine 25Rs (new) to 23.08WH  and its working good !

best regards

The Battery Profile matches with the Wh, entering a higher value won't add vaping time or make the batteries charge / discharge differently than 'what they are.' When you run the Battery Analyzer you can see firsthand the batteries stuggling at the end and their power delivery becoming unstable. Frankly, those who are going to push the batteries to the limits and vape at either uber high wattage and or large TC coils (very high Amperage) probably should run their own Battery Analyzer. The reason is to avoid either error messages and or Weak Battery warnings. The Wh is the usable Wh for a particular load within the confines of the test.

Huh...that's odd. The graphs are based on voltage levels vs percentage charged. Does the csv file have more data not visible in the graph? I just thought that if the curves don't have specific amp hours or watt hours as an axis but rather percentages, that it would be interchangeable with similar batteries with different watt hours.

Ekaven said:

Huh...that's odd. The graphs are based on voltage levels vs percentage charged. Does the csv file have more data not visible in the graph? I just thought that if the curves don't have specific amp hours or watt hours as an axis but rather percentages, that it would be interchangeable with similar batteries with different watt hours.

That's correct the Wh set the capacity and the curve just deals with the characteristics of the type of battery independent of a specific capacity.  Using ultra high wattages may give a slightly different curve.

Ekaven said:

Analogy .. Gramps vs Speed Racer. Driving the same car which will run out of gas first and drive the shortest distance. Gas tank analogous to Batteries Wh.

• 2 weeks later...
styks said:

Just run the battery analyser on my WisMec.

Batteries AW IMR 3000mAh x 3

Run 70W into 4 x 100W power transistors in parallel on heat sink, showing 0.26ohm.

Gave me 29.5 Wh usable. Changed the soft cutt off to 2.8v, is that OK?
I know best not run these lower than 2.5v but at 7.5v total I ain't going to get much out of the DNA 200! lol

txt WisMec 3 off AW 3000mah discharge profile.txt      

Couldn't upload as .csv so opened in word pad and saved as .txt, Just
rename changing .txt to .csv Should work?

Hope this helps someone. :)

I'll run the test again using my Sony VTC4's @ 50W this time.

I also run the recorder while doing it but can't find the file. Where does Escribe normally save those on Win8.1

I think the word you were looking for is resistor. Transistors amplify power or functions as a relay depending on how it's used.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so i just ran the battery analyer for my reu with samsung 25rs i have been using for a few weeks (married in the rx200) that i have been using in my dna (until my new triplet comes in from liion)

and i ran this .49 ohm coil (two strand twisted 0.3mm 316l SS) at 100W and 530F (i ran it at 100W on purpose i didnt know my preexisting temperature preset was going to come into play [or the 3.2 cutoff])

i got 23.9 Wh on a freshly charged trio
20151228_184006.jpg 
Heres a csv for it just change txt to csv

i have the cutoff at 3.2v it still fires at 50 watts (which i only vape 25-50W usually) but i think i dont want it to go any lower because watching the monitor it looked like the device was getting ill because it was trying to fire 100W and it couldnt get about 60 then 50 then later you know it was trying to fire 100W but only firing at like 8W and only achieving like 150F so anyway it seemed pretty stressful to me lol
ill do another test when the new batts come in....

samsung25r_23_9Wh.txt

So i received the new batteries today and charged them externally, married them, and ran the exact same test as before except for one thing i changed the mod resistance from 0.0016 to 0
The new batteries are 23.82 wh so wow very close to the original results way to go

i did notice one other thing over the past day and now somewhat verified through this test: when the mod was firing 100w it was reaching temperatures of up to 542F to maintain the 530F temp setting and i have changed the screen to display last temp instead of watts and it showed when firing at 530F (up to 542F) last temp was showing on average 486F :D why?

the test results were so similar, as you can see the files are very similar

samsung25r_23_82wh.txt

I can find very little information for those specific batteries, so be very careful.

The best advice I can give is only ever to purchase known brands from reputable vendors. Avoid eBay and Amazon. The links below may help you in deciding.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/3500mah-or-higher-18650-battery-recommendation.696737/

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/9-battery-basics-for-mods-the-ultimate-battery-guide.4848/

mikipik said:

Hi! Someone have the CSV. profile file for this battery?

PVTSO Elite IMR 18650, 2800mAh 35A Battery, Flat Top.

Thx!!!!!!:)IMG_0674.jpg 

Possibly a rewrap batteries. Try peel wrapper if the marking matched other known batteries but make sure wrap it back :)