DNA 75 will not go to 'sleep' - Any ideas?

Howdy! Hope someone can assist. I'm having issues with my DNA75 not ever "sleeping."

settings are as follows.

14233196_10206859140706002_5889588898053938232_n.jpg

After 10 seconds, my dna75 goes into the charging screen (not connected to USB and no bolt through the batt.)

Although, the bolt is present and my display switches to the 'charging' profile when I plug the device to a power supply. All that works. My issue: It will never 'sleep.'

There are two main screens (From screen tab in escribe):
1. While Running
2. While charging

I'm getting the 'While Charging' screen after firing and idle times! And the mod never sleeps.

- I understand the device doesn't ever power down
- I have no USB cable connected
- I have hard/soft reset
- I have re-flashed 05 and 06 firmware versions
- used escribe deployed with DNA75s and the latest 1.2
- reset default profile, loaded various others

From the above screen shot of the 'screen settings:
1. Mod fires (Brightness=100)
2. at t=6 goes idle (Brightness=63)
3. at t=10 it should sleep.......But it doesn't.
---------it goes to the 'while charging' display (Brightness=74) and NEVER sleeps potentially the cause of a drained battery over night.

Just not sure why my screen never sleeps, is this by design?  Any idea on cause or any troubleshooting tips?

Thanks in advance, folks!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

helloimage said:

Howdy! Hope someone can assist. I'm having issues with my DNA75 not ever "sleeping."

settings are as follows.

14233196_10206859140706002_5889588898053938232_n.jpg

After 10 seconds, my dna75 goes into the charging screen (not connected to USB and no bolt through the batt.)

Although, the bolt is present and my display switches to the 'charging' profile when I plug the device to a power supply. All that works. My issue: It will never 'sleep.'

There are two main screens (From screen tab in escribe):
1. While Running
2. While charging

I'm getting the 'While Charging' screen after firing and idle times! And the mod never sleeps.

- I understand the device doesn't ever power down
- I have no USB cable connected
- I have hard/soft reset
- I have re-flashed 05 and 06 firmware versions
- used escribe deployed with DNA75s and the latest 1.2
- reset default profile, loaded various others

From the above screen shot of the 'screen settings:
1. Mod fires (Brightness=100)
2. at t=6 goes idle (Brightness=63)
3. at t=10 it should sleep.......But it doesn't.
---------it goes to the 'while charging' display (Brightness=74) and NEVER sleeps potentially the cause of a drained battery over night.

Just not sure why my screen never sleeps, is this by design?  Any idea on cause or any troubleshooting tips?

Thanks in advance, folks!

I had that problem with my DNA75 once. It was after I updated the welcome screen. So I reverted it back to original settings through escribe and it fixed the problem. I dont know why it happened or how, but that worked for me.

Thanks for the info.  Which settings did you revert in escribe?  The defaults on the general tab, or the defaults on the Theme page?  Unfortunately, I tried restoring defaults on the general tab, but the defaults have Charging brightness = 0.  This only hides my problem, as the mod looks as though it sleeps, but is in 'charging mode.'

retird said:

So when you have only default settings (no changes made whatsoever) on the Theme Tab and on the Screen Tab it still never sleeps?  Can you post screenshots of the Theme and Screen Tab's showing all DEFAULT Settings?  

Sure, here they are (Uploaded to Device, soft reset, and hard reset performed.)

The only thing is, this default profile will 'appear' as though it sleeps because the <Charging Brightness> = 0.  So, if I change the <Charging Brightness> to greater than 0, this would be the only way to test my case.
screen.png 
theme1.png 
theme2.png 

theme2.png

Ok, I am doing the same thing here as you are doing there.  When plugged in to charge it is doing what it should and you should see a red LED light (and lightning bolt) while charging turning to green (and no lightning bolt) when charged.  With the Charge brightness set at 50% and not plugged in to charge the screen should go out after 60 seconds or so.  

So the original ecig file that came installed in the device has not been changed?  If it has then it may be the ecig file you installed may have an issue.  If the ecig file wasn't replaced from the original then you may have a board issue.  That's my best guess from what you are seeing.  

Has it done this from the start as a brand new device?

What device is your DNA75?

It's a Vapedroid C1D2. I didn't notice this until later. I unboxed it and used it with lovely results. Then downloaded the .ecig profile from Vapedroid's FB page. So, you are correct, I don't have the original ecig file. Is there no way to re-flash to factory settings, and not load the Vapedroid ecig file? Thanks so much for your help, I'm so anxious to get this back in tip-top condition. It's my only eScribe compatible device, and I'm hooked!

So I'm guessing the ecig file you got from facebook was not an ecig file from Vapedroid but was an ecig file somebody created with some profiles they set up.  I would contact Vape droid and ask them to send you the ecig file.  It still may be that your current ecig file is OK and the board may have an issue but the logical thing to do is get an original ecig file and then if that doesn't resolve the issue then it may be a board issue.  If I recall the droid has 90 day warranty and the board has one year from Evolv.  

The FB group is run by the modder and isn't 3rd party. As far as I know it's as official as the Vapedroid gets in there as the admin is the modder. Mod tab isn't anything unusual, obviously some case thermal settings and resistance customized, but nothing that would jump out as a root cause for this. I've initiated contact with the modder, I just am a tinkerer at heart and would like to solve this myself. That's the beauty of Evolv's products. Anyhow, I'll keep this thread posted on progress, but still curious about settings/etc. that would affect sleep mode or any failure like this. Thanks retird!!!

SOLVED!!!

Seemed to have been related to USB sync/signalling...

Process used to re-fresh screen change modes on a laptop PC:

1. After adjusting settings in escribe, upload settings to device
2. Press Disconnect button in escribe
3. With USB cable plugged in, close the screen (effectively sleeping the computer and ports)
4. Wait for the 'charge bolt' to go off
5. Disconnect USB from the mod (leave other end connected to laptop)
6. At this point, the mod acts as if it's in charge mode still (but no bolt)
7. Fire the mod once
8. Before it goes idle, PLUG the USB cable back into the device!
9. The charge screen goes away and all is good in the Evolv DNA75 world!

Thanks to those that helped...this was a weird one for sure.

So it now sleeps when not plugged into USB?  That's good....

Hum...... some of that process puzzles me as my understanding of USB ports conflicts with what the process is doing (step # 3, step #4, step #6, step #9).

#3.  Closing the screen (closing EScribe) does not sleep the computer or the computer ports. The ports on the computer are still active. If they weren't active then you couldn't charge the device unless EScribe was running. 

#4.  With EScribe closed and the device plugged in to charge the device should still charge (bolt showing) until the battery is charged (bolt goes off).  Closing EScribe should not cause the charge bolt to go off if the battery needs charging.

#6.  The device should show no bolt because the mod is not connected to charge. How is it determined that the mod is acting as if in charge mode? When in charging mode the bolt should show.

#9. After step #8 with the usb connected again the mod should charge (charge screen showing w/ bolt) if the battery calls for it.

Maybe I'm not understanding the process you post, so I post only for clarification and ask for correction of my conflicted understanding of the steps I mentioned.... THX

Your issue is quite rare.... never seen this one up until now... 

retird said:

So it now sleeps when not plugged into USB?  That's good....

Hum...... some of that process puzzles me as my understanding of USB ports conflicts with what the process is doing (step # 3, step #4, step #6, step #9).

#3.  Closing the screen (closing EScribe) does not sleep the computer or the computer ports. The ports on the computer are still active. If they weren't active then you couldn't charge the device unless EScribe was running. 

#4.  With EScribe closed and the device plugged in to charge the device should still charge (bolt showing) until the battery is charged (bolt goes off).  Closing EScribe should not cause the charge bolt to go off if the battery needs charging.

#6.  The device should show no bolt because the mod is not connected to charge. How is it determined that the mod is acting as if in charge mode? When in charging mode the bolt should show.

#9. After step #8 with the usb connected again the mod should charge (charge screen showing w/ bolt) if the battery calls for it.

Maybe I'm not understanding the process you post, so I post only for clarification and ask for correction of my conflicted understanding of the steps I mentioned.... THX

Your issue is quite rare.... never seen this one up until now... 

Sorry about that, I'll try to clarify.  Honestly, since I got it working I've been too scared to go back in to escribe with it, hahaha.

#3.  I actually mean 'physically' close the laptop screen. This begins sleep process on my laptop and shuts off peripheral power.

#4. Yes, see #3, the laptop is in standby, although I left the OS running and the escribe application window up.

#6. I assume it's in charge mode because the display layout changes to the charge mode settings. e.g. Tempurature-Sensing Coils -> 'Charging' -> show Ohms, Temperature, Battery Charge %.

whichever pull-down values I select for that mode show up after active->idle->timeout where is should have slept instead.

#9. That would be true, but again, my laptop is powered down.  There must be some data short the mod recognizes on the unpowered yet tethered cable.

Thanks!

When the mod is in this state, an external charger (I've tried a 500mA, 1000mA and 1500mA supply) charges as expected.  Once I reach full charge LED green and 100%, the mod doesn't sleep.  Unplugging from an external charger doesn't resolve the issue.

So for now, I still don't know what's causing this, but I have a process that doesn't get the DNA75 into this state when exiting eScribe.

Thanks!

vapn said:

I'm experiencing the same issue here with the Vape Droid.  

Interesting...well let me know if you need a hand getting it back in order.  It really doesn't affect performance of vaping, and the device is really slick.  My only concern with this issue is the increased trickle battery drain.  As I said, a fully charged 26650 will drain overnight if I have 'charging display brightness' set high.

And thanks for all that helped me.  Ayman (Vapedroid), sbody, and evolv all replied timely and were eager to help.