2 Screenshots

About This File

Supports DNA250c and DNA75c, and Replay on both of those chips. Now you can choose from two different UI from the settings page. 

You need the latest international firmware 1.1 SP33.2 INT (included with EScribe Suite 2.0 SP15) on your DNA75c for it to work.

2.1.0.thumb.jpg.356276483e0d2b2e295c0597549699da.jpg

Note:

The status messages, like temp protected or atomizer short etc. are only displayed when firing.  

Press the fire button to exit the menu or any other page that doesn't have a back button.

I hope you guys like it!

2.0.0-new.thumb.jpg.b35f30eabdcda5ce1e278167445c6e09.jpg

2.1.0-ref.thumb.jpg.ae42c44a382cf68bae6c62f8c4450172.jpg

Also check out my other themes: 

Material FireMaterial Ocean

What's New in Version 2.2.0   See changelog

Released

• You can use replay now with any coil material.

What's New in Version 2.1.0

• Enable/Disable replay from the Atomizer Profile screen. Forgot this one from my to-do list.

Major version 2.0.0 - Everyone should update!

There has been a lot of new development in the recent weeks. This is a major update and everyone should update, especially anyone running 1.5.0 or lower. 

• The theme incorporated two main screen UI since 1.6.0. Material UI has been made the default UI, and the old UI is now called Classic UI. You can enable Classic UI from the settings.
  • Lock screen now shows the charging/power bank current when plugged in. There is also a new gauge when using the mod as a power bank.
  • Atomizer Profile and New Atomizer Detect screens have been majorly overhauled. You can fire from the Atomizer Profile screen again.
  • Atomizer Profile screen now lets you adjust the Pre-heat power.
  • On the Atomizer Profile screen you can adjust the Pre-heat temperature either via a Punch gauge or via a Temperature field. You can switch between them with the new toggle. For more information see the UI reference picture below.
  • Atomizer lock feature is now available in all types of profiles. Previously it was only available in TC profiles. This decision was made because EScribe lets you lock resistance in any profile, and sometimes it's necessary to lock the resistance in mods with a spotty 510 connection.
  • Bugfix: Mystery click from "coil power" to "cancel replay" while replaying has been eliminated.
  • Various other tweaks throughout the theme.

What's New in Version 1.6.1

• USB connection status added to lock screen. Thanks @retird

What's New in Version 1.6.0

• Gauges now has two different UI for the main page. I've incorporated elements from the Material-ish themes on to the Gauges theme. Thanks @BlindBuck for the idea! 
    You can enable the Material-ish UI elements by going to System > Settings and enabling "Material-ish"
  • Minor refinements of the various gauges and variables on the main page. 

What's New in Version 1.5.0

DNA75c now supports replay!

DNA75c now supports replay with the new international firmware 1.1 SP33.2 INT. As such I no longer need to maintain two separate versions of the theme. You can flash the same Gauges 1.5.0 theme file on both DNA250c and DNA75c.

You have to have 1.1 SP33.2 INT firmware flashed on your DNA75c device for this theme to work.

• Made a few compatibility related tweaks.  
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 25

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

12 hours ago, Vapin said:

The amount of total memory vs the amount of that total that has been used.

I don't think that's it :/

If they're using a percentage value then the Off-board value is redundant. 

2 hours ago, SirTimmyTimbit said:

Hey man! I'm glad you like it :)

According to the spec sheet Replay only works with TC material. So as long as your coil material is TC compatible Replay toggle will be active. 

You can enable and disable replay on any profile using a TC material from the Atty Profile screen. If you are not using a TC material you can easily switch to one from the Atty Profile screen and then enable/disable Replay. You should be able to do what you're trying to do without escribe. 

Now I haven't used a Kanthal/Ni80 wire in a long time so I don't know how well replay would work on it. Seeing how saving a puff in Replay is just another way to set the temperature, trying to use replay with a non TC material is the same as trying to use TC with a non TC material. There won't be enough of a change in resistance while firing to accurately deduce the temperature.

Hmm... So I originally downloaded the first 2.1 version you posted on Friday evening, and installed that; I then saw that 2.1 had been re-released on Sunday morning with enable/disable replay functionality(I live in the US, mountain time zone or UTC/GMT -6 , so the time frames I'm referencing might not match with when you actually uploaded the files). Rather than installing the new version, I figured I could just enable the feature myself by tweaking the first version of 2.1 that was released, but I figured I would compare the first and second versions to see if I noticed any differences in the implementation of the enable/disable replay toggle (I hope this making sense). When I couldn't see a difference in their deployment, I just decided to tweak the first release on my own.

I changed the default condition for the toggle to not be greyed out from "atomizer is temp-sensing material=true"to "atomizer can replay=true". That didn't work, so I then deleted the condition all together and just left a toggle for "atomizer can replay" which worked.

I only use SS316L Clapton wires from Advanced Vape Supply, however the toggle's functionality in the first version of 2.1, wouldn't allow me to reactivate replay in my profile if the material chosen was set to Watts, it did function if I set the material to SS316... But depending on what juice I'm vaping, atomizer I'm using, or if I'm in the mood for temp limiting will make a difference in whether I use my SS316 build with my 250c's coil material set as Watts or SS316... And I will often do all of this from the profile I have labeled as "replay" 

So you see even though I use temp sensing 316, when I use 316 on purely wattage mode and try to use the toggle to enable or disable the ability to use replay...I lose the ability to re-enable the functionality unless I change my coil material to 316 or hook it up to escribe.

Now keep in mind I haven't used the last revision of 2.1 you most recently uploaded, so maybe you changed something I was missing that would allow me to toggle replay while vaping with material set to watts... And if you did, where could I find it? Or did you intend for the toggle to only be functional if the coil material was set to something other than Watts?

I really hope this all made sense! Sorry for the long winded post! And thanks again!

Edited by Pphish

I don't think I made any changes to the actual file in the re-release. IIRC I just changed some of the words, not too sure. 

In any case flash the re-release. 

If I understand right, this is how you can go about what you're trying to do. Assuming you're using the same SS316L clapton from AVS and you have a Material profile for it.

• Fire in power mode  by choosing "Watts" as the material, replay off.
  • Fire in TC mode by choosing "SS316L" as the material, replay off
  • Fire in Replay mode by choosing "SS316L" as the material, replay on.

Replay toggle will only be active, as in able to be enabled/disabled only when the coil material is a temp controlled one. That's by design according to Evolv's specs. 

So if you want to go from power mode with watts material to replay mode, you have to change the material to a temp controlled one first. 

Edited by SirTimmyTimbit

On 5/22/2018 at 1:26 AM, Pphish said:

without enabling the hidden PK function in escribe and creating the necessary profile (though I may be won't about that).

^^^^ Where is this hidden function you are talking about in Escribe?

I am of no assistance with the other parts of the questions posed.  Since "replay" has been released I only use three profiles and they are very simple and work as I would expect with this theme.  Honestly I wish they would allow you delete/add profiles as I surely do not need eight of them anymore.lol

Profile Name->Replay Yes/No->Coil Material (other coil material specific settings I adjust as needed (Boost, Preheat (power/temp), Punch etc...)

• Power-->No-->Watts (Used for coil break in and non temp sensing coil materials)
  • Replay-->Yes-->Watts (Used 99% of the time in my use cases)
  • 316L-->No-->316L
  • Replay 2-->Yes-->316L (no point of use in my opinion I just have it still from initially playing with "replay")

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@neX Next theme will have bigger fonts and better contrast. Sorry about that, I too feel that all 3 of my themes try to cram too many things on the screens.

On 5/25/2018 at 9:13 AM, BlindBuck said:

Taken from what I posted in this thread:

Going to the upper toolbar in escribe->bring down the drop down menu labeled help->and click the section that says "About"->and then click the middle of the evolv logo between 10-12 times, until it disappears. Head over to your mod tab in escribe, the first section is safety. Under safety there is a swing to adjust the coils replay can use; normally this would contain 2 settings, allow only on temp sensing coils or allow on dubious coils. After following the above instructions a 3rd option appears, "allow on unlikely coils"change to this 3rd option->create a profile named "Replay PK” and user that to vape your Kanthal or other non temp sensing coils. I imagine this would work in multiple alloy coils as well. But I would stick to using Watts for best operation. 

I imagine you could follow the same process for multiple using multiple temp sensing coils as well, SS AND TI OR NICKEL. Steam engines tool even allows us to create a TCR and (if memory serves) a tfr curve for multiple temp sensing wire types. You could possibly use these materials in Replay PK and change the chosen material type to your downloaded tfr/TCR and use temp control with multiple alloy builds

Also same info with pictures in this thread:

Edited by Pphish

On 5/25/2018 at 9:13 AM, BlindBuck said:

I am of no assistance with the other parts of the questions posed.  Since "replay" has been released I only use three profiles and they are very simple and work as I would expect with this theme.  Honestly I wish they would allow you delete/add profiles as I surely do not need eight of them anymore.lol

Profile Name->Replay Yes/No->Coil Material (other coil material specific settings I adjust as needed (Boost, Preheat (power/temp), Punch etc...)

• Power-->No-->Watts (Used for coil break in and non temp sensing coil materials)
  • Replay-->Yes-->Watts (Used 99% of the time in my use cases)
  • 316L-->No-->316L
  • Replay 2-->Yes-->316L (no point of use in my opinion I just have it still from initially playing with "replay")

It's just a redundant condition to add to the theme, as the chipset already does this without limiting the ability to change material type to Watts. KA1 and N80 users already have to enable the hidden PK function and create a Replay PK profile in order to use Replay with non temp sensing coils... Normal replay profile will allow them to fire their atomizer but won't offer to save puff unless it detects you are using TC ready material.

The default theme comes with Replay profile coil material set to Watts anyway:so adding another condition on top of that to the theme just takes away some functionality natively allowed in escribe and controlled by the chip already..

Also one of the co-founders of Evolv even discussed how Replay was geared towards people who didn't want to take the time to configureTC, but wanted to avoid dry hits and get the same flavor throughout their vape. The feature was marketed as TC for wattage only users. 

I know how to disable the condition in your theme so I can run my SS with Replay while using Watts as the material type, but the original functionality and idea for replay stems from the small amount of TC vapors amongst DNA chipset owners.

I've already removed the condition from your theme myself but for who don't know how or just don't want to bother to modify the theme to allow for their vaping style, they will simply move to a different theme. Removing the condition still won't allow users to save the puff for non-temp sensing coil material, but it also won't restrict replay functionality to TC variables and vape style either; which replay was not meant to do.

Here is the link to a video explaining the purpose of replay as told by one of the main Evolv designers:

Still love the theme though!

Edited by Pphish
  • Like 2

Hot damn @Pphish I had no idea about that! 

I wonder if there's a condition (research seal?) that lets you know this has been triggered. Then I can use that condition to allow non TC materials to be replayed.

Edited by SirTimmyTimbit

@Pphish It lets me save the puff when I set the material to a non-tc material. It's actually SS316L, but I set the profile to a watts material. I haven't done the escribe hack to enable Replay for non-tc materials.

Is the chip detecting to see if it's temp sensing material instead of going by what I set as the material? I don't have any Kanthal or Ni80 at the moment to test it out.

I have a version of all three themes ready to go that uses a toggle to enable/disable replay for non-tc material. But if the chip decides whether to let you save a puff or not I may as well do away with the toggle.

13 hours ago, SirTimmyTimbit said:

@Pphish It lets me save the puff when I set the material to a non-tc material. It's actually SS316L, but I set the profile to a watts material. I haven't done the escribe hack to enable Replay for non-tc materials.

Is the chip detecting to see if it's temp sensing material instead of going by what I set as the material? I don't have any Kanthal or Ni80 at the moment to test it out.

I have a version of all three themes ready to go that uses a toggle to enable/disable replay for non-tc material. But if the chip decides whether to let you save a puff or not I may as well do away with the toggle.

So in your replay enabled profile , it will certainly allow you to use SS316 with Watts chosen as the material type and offer to save the puff... The problem I was referring to adding a redundant feature is when you try to turn  replay off via Gauges 2.1; once you turn it off, you can't renable replay with coil material set to Watts. At which point, you must limit yourself to only using replay when the material chosen is temp sensing. But yes thus far Evolv 250c has a way to test whether the coil material is temp sensing, the feature is built into the firmware. As such it won't recognize KA1 as a viable coil to offer to save your puff in regular old replay.

I really like the toggle, unless you had a different condition in mind to replace it. But I personally like that, I can tweak some of those features without connecting to a pc thanks to  you. Just disable the condition that limits the toggle to temp sensing coils and then it works perfectly.

I don't know if you can incorporate PK mode into your theme, but you could possibly manage to allow others to use it by creating an ecig profile to go along with the theme... Still because it's a hidden setting, it may not work in an ecig profile

• Thanks 1

your themes are by far the most polished, practical and visually pleasing of all. keep up the good work. am sure you will eventually get paid to design custom themes for other mod builders.

thanks again for the beautiful theme, all 3 of them.

• Like 2

Hi Tim, I tried changing the blue bar to be the last puff, I got the number beneath it to work but the bar is instantly filled, an idea on how to fix it?

• Like 1

Just figured I'd share some of my latest modifications to this great theme.  Added a toggle to give more gauges that are laid out horizontally.  There are times when I'd like to see more information on the screen than is present with the default view.  So I figured add a toggle to hide the three vertical gauges, and numerics and display the horizontal ones.  It still also has the light UI toggle as well.  That toggle changes the three icons on the bottom and all text fields to white minus the "General -> Profile" field.  Also moved the toggles to the display settings page.

Gauges II Main Screen.png

Display SS.png

• Like 1

I love the theme but why the replay is not working in watt as it should? I just can't select it in watt even if in eScribe it is enabled. I mean, wasn't the purpose of replay using watts with a TC wire without necessarily going into a TC profile? With the default theme I am able to use replay in watt mode (but the theme sucks compared to yours).

Edited by fabioforniz
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, fabioforniz said:

I love the theme but why the replay is not working in watt as it should? I just can't select it in watt even if in eScribe it is enabled. I mean, wasn't the purpose of replay using watts with a TC wire without necessarily going into a TC profile? With the default theme I am able to use replay in watt mode (but the theme sucks compared to yours).

I brought up the same point to the designer, and you can see his response a few posts up. He made using a temp sensing coil a condition of the ability to save the puff, effectively limiting the functionality of replay. I don't think he meant to exactly, he didn't realize that this was already an inherent function of replay that didn't need to be added.

I modded the theme shortly after the 2.1 release to regain the ability to use replay with coil material set to Watts. I can share that file with you if you would like.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pphish said:

I brought up the same point to the designer, and you can see his response a few posts up. He made using a temp sensing coil a condition of the ability to save the puff, effectively limiting the functionality of replay. I don't think he meant to exactly, he didn't realize that this was already an inherent function of replay that didn't need to be added.

I modded the theme shortly after the 2.1 release to regain the ability to use replay with coil material set to Watts. I can share that file with you if you would like.

Hi,

i have actually noticed that if replay is enabled in watt profile through escribe, even though I can’t activate it on the settings on the mod if I vape in watts and then click on the locker at the right of the watts then replay works.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fabioforniz said:

Hi,

i have actually noticed that if replay is enabled in watt profile through escribe, even though I can’t activate it on the settings on the mod if I vape in watts and then click on the locker at the right of the watts then replay works.

Yeah but it you like to try out different settings on the go, it's kind of a pain in the ass

• Like 1

You can use replay with any material now. Sorry I haven't been around lately, it took a while.

I had a version already done where you could choose whether you want to replay non-tc material via  toggle. Scrapped that because it's just unnecessary steps. 

@Pphish @fabioforniz

1.3.0-changelog.jpg

Edited by SirTimmyTimbit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/5/2018 at 10:40 PM, kabilach said:

Hi Tim, I tried changing the blue bar to be the last puff, I got the number beneath it to work but the bar is instantly filled, an idea on how to fix it?

Until they let you choose the min and max value of a gauge it's gonna be a work a little weird with a lot of variables :(

Hi Tim,

I loaded 2.2 on my devices, I have replay set up in a Watts Profile, I tried a Kanthal Coil and Replay will not activate, I also noticed a voltage drop in all profiles. I reloaded 2.1 and my devices hit strong again.

10 minutes ago, Vapin said:

Hi Tim,

I loaded 2.2 on my devices, I have replay set up in a Watts Profile, I tried a Kanthal Coil and Replay will not activate, I also noticed a voltage drop in all profiles. I reloaded 2.1 and my devices hit strong again.

That's super weird man.  All I did was take out the condition that required a TC material to activate the replay toggle.

I'll look into it tonight. Thanks for letting me know.

On 7/18/2018 at 7:28 PM, Vapin said:

Hi Tim,

Vapin are you using 75c or 250c? I just tested for voltage drop and it fires the at same voltage as any other theme. You sure it didn't recheck ohms or something?

Tim, I was using a 75c. I had updated the mod I was using, screwed on a Kanthal Coil and replay would not activate. I then screwed on a SS I had been using that had been showing 3.0-3.1V prior to the update and now was showing 2.7v in Replay. 

Something (maybe?) worth fixing, the puff counter in the little graph screen is only wide enough for 9999. When you go over that it does this aweful wrap that only shows the bottom half of the top row and the top half of the next row. For whatever reason that number is tied to historic puffs on device and does not reset with the puff counter... though I doubt it actually collects info for 10k+ puffs, that seems like a big waste of flash since we can't really access this data in any way past the tiny screen graph. For personal usability I tied the little i icon on the main screen to that graph, and set the back button to be the default selection instead of the back arrow so I noticed it pretty quick when I hit 10k puffs.

Thanks for the great theme SirTimmyTimbit!