2 Screenshots

About This File

Supports DNA250c and DNA75c, and Replay on both of those chips. Now you can choose from two different UI from the settings page. 

You need the latest international firmware 1.1 SP33.2 INT (included with EScribe Suite 2.0 SP15) on your DNA75c for it to work.

2.1.0.thumb.jpg.356276483e0d2b2e295c0597549699da.jpg

Note:

The status messages, like temp protected or atomizer short etc. are only displayed when firing.  

Press the fire button to exit the menu or any other page that doesn't have a back button.

I hope you guys like it!

2.0.0-new.thumb.jpg.b35f30eabdcda5ce1e278167445c6e09.jpg

2.1.0-ref.thumb.jpg.ae42c44a382cf68bae6c62f8c4450172.jpg

Also check out my other themes: 

Material FireMaterial Ocean

What's New in Version 2.2.0   See changelog

Released

• You can use replay now with any coil material.

What's New in Version 2.1.0

• Enable/Disable replay from the Atomizer Profile screen. Forgot this one from my to-do list.

Major version 2.0.0 - Everyone should update!

There has been a lot of new development in the recent weeks. This is a major update and everyone should update, especially anyone running 1.5.0 or lower. 

• The theme incorporated two main screen UI since 1.6.0. Material UI has been made the default UI, and the old UI is now called Classic UI. You can enable Classic UI from the settings.
  • Lock screen now shows the charging/power bank current when plugged in. There is also a new gauge when using the mod as a power bank.
  • Atomizer Profile and New Atomizer Detect screens have been majorly overhauled. You can fire from the Atomizer Profile screen again.
  • Atomizer Profile screen now lets you adjust the Pre-heat power.
  • On the Atomizer Profile screen you can adjust the Pre-heat temperature either via a Punch gauge or via a Temperature field. You can switch between them with the new toggle. For more information see the UI reference picture below.
  • Atomizer lock feature is now available in all types of profiles. Previously it was only available in TC profiles. This decision was made because EScribe lets you lock resistance in any profile, and sometimes it's necessary to lock the resistance in mods with a spotty 510 connection.
  • Bugfix: Mystery click from "coil power" to "cancel replay" while replaying has been eliminated.
  • Various other tweaks throughout the theme.

What's New in Version 1.6.1

• USB connection status added to lock screen. Thanks @retird

What's New in Version 1.6.0

• Gauges now has two different UI for the main page. I've incorporated elements from the Material-ish themes on to the Gauges theme. Thanks @BlindBuck for the idea! 
    You can enable the Material-ish UI elements by going to System > Settings and enabling "Material-ish"
  • Minor refinements of the various gauges and variables on the main page. 

What's New in Version 1.5.0

DNA75c now supports replay!

DNA75c now supports replay with the new international firmware 1.1 SP33.2 INT. As such I no longer need to maintain two separate versions of the theme. You can flash the same Gauges 1.5.0 theme file on both DNA250c and DNA75c.

You have to have 1.1 SP33.2 INT firmware flashed on your DNA75c device for this theme to work.

• Made a few compatibility related tweaks.  
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 25

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

16 hours ago, retird said:

Pardon me Sir Timmy..... I just hit fire button without vaping so I could view the screen and the power does work real time then goes immediately back to 22 watts when releasing the fire button (can't see my screen while vaping).... sorry for the Senior Moment on my part.....  a similar function on a different theme keeps the last live reading on the Main Screen instead of going back to the set wattage in Replay. See if I can find that theme....

My Color Theme - 0.ecigtheme

Thanks for providing the theme file. I just took at look at it. 

The last puff wattage field you're referring to is the average wattage delivered during the last puff. This field is just for your reference in case you suspect something in your vape isn't quite right. You can't manipulate it and it has no function other than analyzing your puffs. 

The field that you see on Gauges, including under the purple bar in replay, beside the replay cancel/save button in replay, and the big huge number in all the other modes is the wattage you want the chip to deliver. It updates as you fire to show you if the chip is ramping up or down the power. Since space is limited, and how infrequently the recorded average wattage is needed, I can't put this on the main screen.

It is however in the Last Puff screen accessible by the "i" icon on the main screen. It's the third icon at the bottom from the left. A variation of that field is also available in the "Puff Info" screen, which features a graph that plots all the wattages the chip fired at during the puff. You can fire from both of those screens as well.

Sorry about the inconvenience :(

16 hours ago, BlindBuck said:

Thank you, I might play around with widening the icon....actually was trying to think of something else to put there when in replay. 

I'm on a 75c and the red gauge does not update the power in "replay" mode for me either.  When in replay it is displaying the set power and is actually able to be selected and allows it to be changed.  The middle/blue gauge when in replay switches from voltage to the set coil resistance.

Thank you for all of your hard work as this theme is perfect.

That's strange. I'm also on 75c. Can you fire and watch the screen instead of taking a puff? It should update.

Edited by SirTimmyTimbit

I like the Material-ish UI on Gauge way more than the UI it had before. 

I really want to make this the default, and the old UI the optional one that you can activate from the settings. I feel like many people are not going read the description to figure out there's another variant of the main screen.

My only hesitance is it makes Gauges and Material-ish somewhat similar. 

What do you guys think?

31571423_1638241789557114_5218381386284531712_n.jpg

• Like 1

I agree, the GUI is much more eye pleasing in this configuration and should be default.  I wouldn't even hesitate to get rid of the alternate GUI to free up space for future expansion.

One last quick question on something I noticed.  Actually two.

Does the "warmth" meter under ATTY match your main screen meter when being used?  Mine doesn't seem to update or match between the two when in use.

Also I added a condition that allows the profile area on the main screen to also update when scrolling through the other options (ATTY, MENU, LAST PUFF etc.).  After doing this I get a toggle that reads OHMS.  Which is coming from the area under the center bar.  The odd thing is it doesn't highlight when scrolling nor does it provide a function when I have it selected.  I then removed the function for updating the profile area to see if I caused it and I still have the extra selection (counted button presses since it doesn't highlight.).

• Thanks 1

I like the Material-ish too.....

I do have one thing that may need changing on both UI's.  When Playing you can select the wattage shown right under the Red Gauge and you can change the wattage while Playing.  I selected it and dropped the wattage from 22 to 5 and this effected Playing by reducing the vape drastically.   Playing, I think, should remain as it was initially set.  Is their a purpose for being able to select that wattage and to change it while Playing?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlindBuck said:

Does the "warmth" meter under ATTY match your main screen meter when being used?  Mine doesn't seem to update or match between the two when in use.

Also I added a condition that allows the profile area on the main screen to also update when scrolling through the other options (ATTY, MENU, LAST PUFF etc.).  After doing this I get a toggle that reads OHMS.  Which is coming from the area under the center bar.  The odd thing is it doesn't highlight when scrolling nor does it provide a function when I have it selected.  I then removed the function for updating the profile area to see if I caused it and I still have the extra selection (counted button presses since it doesn't highlight.).

Yah they match, I just verified this. They display and manipulate the same variable so they shouldn't report different values. Were you looking at the punch/boost gauge by mistake? They're right next to each other and it's very easy to confuse them. Reorganizing the atomizer profile screen is #1 on the to-do list. 

I just checked and there are no fields with a status "OHMS".  Not sure you're seeing :/

9 hours ago, retird said:

I like the Material-ish too.....

I do have one thing that may need changing on both UI's.  When Playing you can select the wattage shown right under the Red Gauge and you can change the wattage while Playing.  I selected it and dropped the wattage from 22 to 5 and this effected Playing by reducing the vape drastically.   Playing, I think, should remain as it was initially set.  Is their a purpose for being able to select that wattage and to change it while Playing?

As I understand when you save a puff in replay mode you're just saving the temperature. You're feeling out the puff instead of saving an arbitrary temperature value like you do in TC mode. That's why it works best when you save a puff with a fully saturated wick and a relatively cool coil. 

So you'd change the wattage in replay mode for the same reasons you change it in TC mode. You turn the wattage up to reach your max temp quickly and let the chip throttle you to your desired temperature. Or you turn the wattage down to use TC as protection from dry hits. 

In your case it's working exactly as it should. At 5 watts you're not reaching the temperature you set, so you're pretty much just using VW with dry hit protection.

1 hour ago, SirTimmyTimbit said:

Yah they match, I just verified this. They display and manipulate the same variable so they shouldn't report different values. Were you looking at the punch/boost gauge by mistake? They're right next to each other and it's very easy to confuse them. Reorganizing the atomizer profile screen is #1 on the to-do list. 

I just checked and there are no fields with a status "OHMS".  Not sure you're seeing :/

Maybe I did confuse them as I was having drinks when I thought I saw it.lol

Maybe it says Voltage, or Puff Length.  To find what I'm talking about if you're in replay mode (materil-ish view) and have the Power/Watts field under the left gauge selected it takes two down presses to highlight the next selectable field (the X cancel replay icon).  So I could tell what is selected on Mirage since the curved screen protector on the Mirage sucks in bright light I change the profile field to what is being selected when in selected mode (hope you follow).  When I had the theme running this way is when I realized why it takes the mentioned two down presses.  I've looked at the conditions and I don't understand why it is even going there as it isn't editable in replay at least and it doesn't highlight either.

EDIT: Just checked my Mirage as that's the one I added condition "status" in Replay on the Profile display field.  When toggling one time down from the number field under the left gauge it shows Puff Length.  It isn't showing it as selected by highlighting and it isn't editable either.  Just odd.

Edited by BlindBuck
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, BlindBuck said:

Maybe I did confuse them as I was having drinks when I thought I saw it.lol

Maybe it says Voltage, or Puff Length.  To find what I'm talking about if you're in replay mode (materil-ish view) and have the Power/Watts field under the left gauge selected it takes two down presses to highlight the next selectable field (the X cancel replay icon).  So I could tell what is selected on Mirage since the curved screen protector on the Mirage sucks in bright light I change the profile field to what is being selected when in selected mode (hope you follow).  When I had the theme running this way is when I realized why it takes the mentioned two down presses.  I've looked at the conditions and I don't understand why it is even going there as it isn't editable in replay at least and it doesn't highlight either.

EDIT: Just checked my Mirage as that's the one I added condition "status" in Replay on the Profile display field.  When toggling onetime down from the number field under the left gauge it shows Puff Length.  It isn't showing it as selected by highlighting and it isn't editable either.  Just odd.

Ahhhhh I see it now. The field under the blue bar had "Puff Length" as the status for many of the conditions. Even though they were not selectable they still took up a click. I erased those statuses and now it takes just one click to come down from power under red bar to replay X icon. 

Thanks man! Will go in the next update!

1 minute ago, SirTimmyTimbit said:

Ahhhhh I see it now. The field under the blue bar had "Puff Length" as the status for many of the conditions. Even though they were not selectable they still took up a click. I erased those statuses and now it takes just one click to come down from power under red bar to replay X icon. 

Thanks man! Will go in the next update!

Not a problem, this theme kicks a$$ (your other two are nice as well).  Companies should be asking you to do their UI's for C rev boards.

2 hours ago, SirTimmyTimbit said:

As I understand when you save a puff in replay mode you're just saving the temperature. You're feeling out the puff instead of saving an arbitrary temperature value like you do in TC mode. That's why it works best when you save a puff with a fully saturated wick and a relatively cool coil. 

So you'd change the wattage in replay mode for the same reasons you change it in TC mode. You turn the wattage up to reach your max temp quickly and let the chip throttle you to your desired temperature. Or you turn the wattage down to use TC as protection from dry hits. 

In your case it's working exactly as it should. At 5 watts you're not reaching the temperature you set, so you're pretty much just using VW with dry hit protection.

I have no temp setting in my Replay profile and the material is set to Watts. That is how Replay was designed to work but can work in TC profiles also..To me when you set your "Perfect Puff" there is no need to adjust anything while Playing as you have already found the puff you like..  Being able to raise or reduce wattage while Playing can  change the "Perfect Puff" you set to Play thus it is no longer your "Perfect Puff" and it may confuse ones who have not used a DNA nor temp control. . At least that's my thoughts.  Replay is designed to be simple so once you set the puff no adjustments are needed so that is why I offered the suggestion....

By the way, your themes are the best I've seen...... I even offered a suggestion to Evolv about one of the features you added to this theme on the lock screen.... I've been beta testing for them for years now...

• Like 1

On 5/13/2018 at 5:19 PM, retird said:

I have no temp setting in my Replay profile and the material is set to Watts. That is how Replay was designed to work but can work in TC profiles also..To me when you set your "Perfect Puff" there is no need to adjust anything while Playing as you have already found the puff you like..  Being able to raise or reduce wattage while Playing can  change the "Perfect Puff" you set to Play thus it is no longer your "Perfect Puff" and it may confuse ones who have not used a DNA nor temp control. . At least that's my thoughts.  Replay is designed to be simple so once you set the puff no adjustments are needed so that is why I offered the suggestion....

By the way, your themes are the best I've seen...... I even offered a suggestion to Evolv about one of the features you added to this theme on the lock screen.... I've been beta testing for them for years now...

Is there any official docs/videos on what the replay exactly is and how it works? I thought it's just another way to do temp control. I'm going to have to run some tests. I just checked the default theme and you're right the wattage there is read only. I might make it like that on my themes too.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it :) 

The next update will show the charging current in the lock screen as well

lock.png

9 minutes ago, SirTimmyTimbit said:

Is there any official docs/videos on what the replay exactly is and how it works? I thought it's just another way to do temp control. I'm going to have to run some tests. I just checked the default theme and you're right the wattage there is read only. I might make it like that on my themes too.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it :) 

The next update will show the charging current in the lock screen as well

lock.png

No official doc's/video's of how it works as of yet.   From the Datasheet (linked below) it says: 

Replay

Replay is a new feature introduced on the DNA 250C. Replay is intended to capture the flavor and satisfaction of the “perfect puff” and provide the same level of performance and consistency on all subsequent puffs. The use of Nickel, Stainless, Titanium, or other material that increases in resistance when heated is required. In addition, Replay will also prevent dry hits when used with wattage control.

To use Replay set the device to the desired power level and operate it normally. Once a satisfying puff is achieved, activate the feature to save and replay the saved puff each time the device is fired. Puff length is not a factor and the user will not be limited to the length of the previous puff. Disable Replay to resume normal operation or find a new puff to save. If Replay cannot be enabled the coil is not compatible.

250 Color Datasheet   

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna250color.pdf

With every revision of your themes it just gets better !

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2018 at 2:26 AM, SirTimmyTimbit said:

I like the Material-ish UI on Gauge way more than the UI it had before. 

I really want to make this the default, and the old UI the optional one that you can activate from the settings. I feel like many people are not going read the description to figure out there's another variant of the main screen.

My only hesitance is it makes Gauges and Material-ish somewhat similar. 

What do you guys think?

I think Gauges has its own personality and doesn't at all 'feel' like the Material-ish themes. Because, well, gauges.
With the current changes and the addition of the Material-ish UI, I use Gauges. With the old UI, I did not.

Default the new UI.

• Like 1

Regarding the wattage being changeable from the main screen.
I like it being that way. Why?

I vape two flavors in two 'identical' tanks. One works best at say 30W, the other works best at say 25W.
When I swap tanks, I read the resistance and then play with the wattage a bit to get the vape I like.

As long as the wattage is still changeable from the main screen when not Playing, cool. If it were read only while Playing, fine. No reason to change your 'perfect' puff after all.

• Thanks 1

New UI will be defaulted :)

On 5/16/2018 at 9:00 AM, ShowerHead said:

As long as the wattage is still changeable from the main screen when not Playing, cool. If it were read only while Playing, fine. No reason to change your 'perfect' puff after all.

Yeah it'll be "read only" only when playing.  

Update tomorrow.

• Like 1

Just pushed the update. @Pphish finally got to your feature request, I hope you like it. 

Pre-heat power was never in the atomizer profile screen. That was very stupid of me I apologize for that. I never use Pre-heat/Boost so it completely went past me :(

Atty lock is now available for all profiles. It was like that before until someone made the (right) suggestion to restrict it for TC profiles only. Since Evolv still lets you lock the resistance in any profiles I thought I should to. Let the user decide when and when not to do it. 

Here's the complete changelog:

Major version 2.0.0 - Everyone should update!

There has been a lot of new development in the recent weeks. This is a major update and everyone should update, especially anyone running 1.5.0 or lower. 

• The theme incorporated two main screen UI since 1.6.0. Material UI has been made the default UI, and the old UI is now called Classic UI. You can enable Classic UI from the settings.
  • Lock screen now shows the charging/power bank current when plugged in. There is also a new gauge when using the mod as a power bank.
  • Atomizer Profile and New Atomizer Detect screens have been majorly overhauled. You can fire from the Atomizer Profile screen again.
  • Atomizer Profile screen now lets you adjust the Pre-heat power.
  • On the Atomizer Profile screen you can adjust the Pre-heat temperature either via a Punch gauge or via a Temperature field. You can switch between them with the new toggle. For more information see the UI reference picture below.
  • Atomizer lock feature is now available in all types of profiles. Previously it was only available in TC profiles. This decision was made because EScribe lets you lock resistance in any profile, and sometimes it's necessary to lock the resistance in mods with a spotty 510 connection.
  • Bugfix: Mystery click from "coil power" to "cancel replay" while replaying has been eliminated.
  • Various other tweaks throughout the theme.

2.0.0.thumb.jpg.4dd835fefb00be52122f4ddb960f3a95.jpg

Edited by SirTimmyTimbit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent update sir! I love all three themes, but this one has become my favorite.
I appreciate the 'phantom' click disappearing.  Always confused me as I knew where the cursor was supposed to be.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys! I'm an idiot I forgot to put the enable/disable replay toggle in the Atomizer Profile screen. I kept thinking I'm missing something when I found out that I had room for a back button. 

So no more firing from the Atomizer Profile screen. On the bright side you can enable replay from the mod if you're using any TC material.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ShowerHead said:

Any idea what on-board and off-board mean?

ThemeMem.png

The amount of total memory vs the amount of that total that has been used.

9 hours ago, Vapin said:

The amount of total memory vs the amount of that total that has been used.

I don't think that fits the usage.

The amount used is shown for two types of memory. On-board and off-board.

Since I'm asking, I certainly can be wrong.

On 5/18/2018 at 10:03 PM, SirTimmyTimbit said:

Thanks guys! I'm an idiot I forgot to put the enable/disable replay toggle in the Atomizer Profile screen. I kept thinking I'm missing something when I found out that I had room for a back button. 

So no more firing from the Atomizer Profile screen. On the bright side you can enable replay from the mod if you're using any TC material.

Love the new UI and the ability to switch to the classic UI... Love the new features! I was adding the pre-heat settings on my own b4 2.0, but I just added a new screen for it; your addition is both more practical, functional, and asthetically pleasing.

One gripe... The replay feature only being available enable/disable with temp sensing material means that if I disable it while in wattage I lose the ability to use replay on that profile without connecting to escribe and re-enabling the feature... So it's technically only able to be toggled on/off when used in TC mode. As a feature, replay's main purpose was to allow those using wattage mode to experience something similar to temp control; your implementation restricts replay to temp sensing coils, unless previously enabled on the profile in escribe.... Which I don't think is what you were trying to do.

I edited 2.1 to make the enable/disable feature functional for wattage profiles by deleting the temp sensing material condition of the toggle and then replacing the picture for the default condition (just to keep the asthetics)... Now it can be used for wattage or TC mode.

Not sure if you meant to send it up the way you did or not... Perhaps the temp sensing detect condition would have been appropriate... Though I don't know that my alteration would allow replay on non temp sensing coils anyway (kanthal,N80,etc...) which I believe still cannot be used in replay without enabling the hidden PK function in escribe and creating the necessary profile (though I may be won't about that).

29 minutes ago, Pphish said:

Love the new UI and the ability to switch to the classic UI... Love the new features! I was adding the pre-heat settings on my own b4 2.0, but I just added a new screen for it; your addition is both more practical, functional, and asthetically pleasing.

One gripe... The replay feature only being available enable/disable with temp sensing material means that if I disable it while in wattage I lose the ability to use replay on that profile without connecting to escribe and re-enabling the feature... So it's technically only able to be toggled on/off when used in TC mode. As a feature, replay's main purpose was to allow those using wattage mode to experience something similar to temp control; your implementation restricts replay to temp sensing coils, unless previously enabled on the profile in escribe.... Which I don't think is what you were trying to do.

I edited 2.1 to make the enable/disable feature functional for wattage profiles by deleting the temp sensing material condition of the toggle and then replacing the picture for the default condition (just to keep the asthetics)... Now it can be used for wattage or TC mode.

Not sure if you meant to send it up the way you did or not... Perhaps the temp sensing detect condition would have been appropriate... Though I don't know that my alteration would allow replay on non temp sensing coils anyway (kanthal,N80,etc...) which I believe still cannot be used in replay without enabling the hidden PK function in escribe and creating the necessary profile (though I may be won't about that).

Hey man! I'm glad you like it :)

According to the spec sheet Replay only works with TC material. So as long as your coil material is TC compatible Replay toggle will be active. 

You can enable and disable replay on any profile using a TC material from the Atty Profile screen. If you are not using a TC material you can easily switch to one from the Atty Profile screen and then enable/disable Replay. You should be able to do what you're trying to do without escribe. 

Now I haven't used a Kanthal/Ni80 wire in a long time so I don't know how well replay would work on it. Seeing how saving a puff in Replay is just another way to set the temperature, trying to use replay with a non TC material is the same as trying to use TC with a non TC material. There won't be enough of a change in resistance while firing to accurately deduce the temperature.

Edited by SirTimmyTimbit